War Binder Customization | Prayer Journaling

4.29.2016

Just wanted to share some photos of the cover of my #warbinder. I'm a newbie to this and recently found out about this form of journaling through my sister. I believe it might've taken off after the movie War Room and spreading popularity through Instagram. To me it's a mix of planner + bible journaling + scrapbooking all in one with the subject of prayer, spiritual warfare to be exact..hence the name war binder. 

Now more about my binder. I picked up a 3-ring Avery clear cover heavy-duty binder at the store yesterday. Being that we don't have a Target where I live now (love their stationery section) I had to make do with what was offered here and also the fact that I couldn't wait and needed something asap. The price online is lower than what I paid in store but I wanted to start on my project that day 😬

I made a digital collage of ephemera and printed it out on Hahnemuhle matte inkjet photo paper ..it's what I had on hand at the moment and let me tell you it's a beautiful paper that's not too thick but light enough and thin enough to slip under the clear cover of my binder. It prints wonderfully and my inkjet printer has never had its printing look so good. Paper makes a difference.

To further adorn my collage...I didn't know when to stop and neither could I control myself...I added washi tape and stickers. Because you know washi tape and stickers... 


On my cover I decided on the verse from 1 Thessalonians 5: 17 "Pray without ceasing" and I also added the word {Amen} which I cut by hand and ended up gluing the letters on when the sticker paper I used wasn't tacky enough. 

There's also a Facebook group War Binder which I learned about from my sister Hillary which was started by Rachel Puckett. Rachel is also on Periscope @penpalhappyness and she shares lots about her binders and gives you ideas on how to start yours by showing you how she uses hers. 

4/30-I've just learned that Rachel has started a website for War Binder at http://warbinder.blogspot.com. There she shares her testimony about the start of War Binder, incredible and amazing! May God bless you Rachel🕊💗


Now to work on the inside. I hope to share more photos as I go along. I'll perhaps post a main photo on IG and extra photos here. To be continued...

And a post from my Instagram @merissa_cherie






Frame-Curly-MR-Blog

2 comments :

  1. This looks beautiful Merissa! I know it has been a looong time but I'm still working on some special mail for you. <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thank you💕and not to worry about the mail, whenever is fine with me. I'm way behind myself..oops! Hope all is well with you💕

      Delete

So happy you paid me a visit. Mahalo!
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

Follow here

say what, a Disclaimer

Hi there! Photography and art featured on this blog, unless where noted, came from my camera and were made or styled by my hands. You may not use my photos for profit or on commercial websites, but we might be able to work something out with a dozen chocolate macarons, and a juicy deal. Do not remove my watermarks or copyright markings from my photos (please see previous sentence). I won't bite, well unless you infringe on my copyright. But really, send me an email, I'm pretty nice. The snail mail on my blog includes my mail or the work from other artists and pen friends. I do my best to give everyone credit. But, in the case where I have missed the proper credit please contact me to address it. If you would like to re-blog or pin any of my original works please be the awesome person that you are and give me a shout out a.k.a. proper credit, and link it back here. Speaking of links, I do on occasion link out to other sites, however I am not responsible for the content you find on those sites. Sometimes clicking on a link I’ve provided may be a link to a site that will give me a small commission if you buy something from them. Which means that I might get paid (hopefully not in gum) if you click on that link, whoo-hoo. Reason why I’m telling you is because I want to be honest with you and frankly, because it’s illegal not to. That said, I promise to use any affiliate commissions earned for good cause: like stationery hauls and lattes. Thank you kindly, Merissa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

MERISSA CHERIE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger