Recycling a paper bag into an envelope for snail mail

10.09.2015

Hello, hello! It's October 2015 can you believe it?! I've been away from my blog for sometime now but today is a new day and I wanna share a spur of the moment craft project I did this afternoon. I posted it on my Instagram but I'd like to share the rest of the other photos here.
What you're looking at is an envelope crafted out of a grocery store paper bag..what's up Safeway. Since it's now Autumn I figured the brown kraft would be a good color to play with. The colors of the seasons don't occur here in Hawaii so this is the closest I'm getting.

I drew my own address labels with a marker I'm loving at the moment: Marvy Extra Fine Tip Le Plume II Double Ender Marker Pen, Black. It's actually a brush marker which I intended on using for brush calligraphy, but since that failed I use it for drawing. I love how dark the black is. I also used Sakura Micron Pen, Black
 for words.

I also used Vintage Office Paper Tape by Cavallini
 which were a gift from Jacquelyne of Letters to Love By. The Central Park ticket rubber stamp which I adore, was a gift from my co-worker. 

And let me tell you, I'm the weirdo that saves postage stamps from my mail. I turned these stamps into stickers using my little Xyron 150 "X" Create-a-Sticker And it just so happened that I needed them to decorate this envelope. No, I'm not mailing this envelope, it's just for mail art for me to look at.


The other things I used were miscellaneous washi tapes and stickers from my sticker stash. I wrote words onto white paper, cut them out, and glued them down.

Now to catch up with my snail mail...




Frame-Curly-MR-Blog

6 comments :

  1. Thank you so much! I'm glad to know you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project! I really like that you're keeping this for yourself, as I often feel like I haven't kept any of my paper creations in years (they all get sent away which is nice too), and I need to start doing that. Also, you have the most perfect printing ever! :) Thanks again for your beautiful letter - shall I write you back or do you have enough mail on board as is? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello hello Sarah! Thanks so much for your sweet words :) Sometimes it's nice to craft something cute for yourself too...as I always do haha. In some ways it's a creative exercise for me and a way of savoring my craft supplies. And of course let's continue to write each other, you're so courteous to ask. With the holidays around the corner it'll be such fun to send holiday greetings and tidbits. Christmas is my fave time of the year! I can't wait! Have a lovely day! x

      Delete
  3. I'm also a weirdo who likes to collect cancelled postage stamps! I have a huge collection. I like to use them in paper crafting projects. I think of each postage stamp as a tiny work of art in itself! I have the Cavallini Vintage Office rubber stamp set. Seeing your matching paper tape makes me want to get that too. Thank you for taking the time to share your projects. I always love seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there Michele, your postage stamp collection sounds fantastic ;) there's so much ways to use them in crafts. You're right in that they are tiny works of art. They're to be treasured. Cavallini vintage office rubber stamp set I have yet to see. They would be so nice to use in projects, lucky you. I'm so glad you came to see my project and happy to hear from you! I appreciate it so much :)

      Delete

So happy you paid me a visit. Mahalo!
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

Follow here

say what, a Disclaimer

Hi there! Photography and art featured on this blog, unless where noted, came from my camera and were made or styled by my hands. You may not use my photos for profit or on commercial websites, but we might be able to work something out with a dozen chocolate macarons, and a juicy deal. Do not remove my watermarks or copyright markings from my photos (please see previous sentence). I won't bite, well unless you infringe on my copyright. But really, send me an email, I'm pretty nice. The snail mail on my blog includes my mail or the work from other artists and pen friends. I do my best to give everyone credit. But, in the case where I have missed the proper credit please contact me to address it. If you would like to re-blog or pin any of my original works please be the awesome person that you are and give me a shout out a.k.a. proper credit, and link it back here. Speaking of links, I do on occasion link out to other sites, however I am not responsible for the content you find on those sites. Sometimes clicking on a link I’ve provided may be a link to a site that will give me a small commission if you buy something from them. Which means that I might get paid (hopefully not in gum) if you click on that link, whoo-hoo. Reason why I’m telling you is because I want to be honest with you and frankly, because it’s illegal not to. That said, I promise to use any affiliate commissions earned for good cause: like stationery hauls and lattes. Thank you kindly, Merissa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

MERISSA CHERIE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger