Inspired by Hawaii. Watercolor, Surfboards & Photos.

6.26.2013

Painting out a few ideas this afternoon, inspired by summers in Hawaii, and surfboards shaped by my brother. 



In the end I decided to use my shaved ice as clip art and stuck it on my pineapple photo. Little story on the pineapple: November last year during Thanksgiving, I found this little pineapple sitting on the clothes dryer behind my parents' house. I don't know where it came from, perhaps my dad brought it home, or my grandpa brought it to the house. I had a little photo shoot with it haha. The thing about being at home on Kauai is that you rarely pay for fruits and vegetables, either you have it growing in your yard, or a friend or family member is always sharing their harvest with you. Now that I live on another island in a more populated city without the luxury of home grown produce, I end up buying these at the store, and it doesn't come cheap here in Honolulu. There really is no place like home.


Story on the surfboards: My younger brother Isaiah shapes surfboards by hand in my parents' garage as a hobby. He hasn't been doing it long and I am quite impressed by how far he has come in a matter of a year or two. When he decides he's going to craft something, he does it and does it well. (I hope he doesn't mind I share these pics, he sent it to me via text message). Hey, this might be an opportunity for him, if anyone needs a surfboard or ding repair on Kauai, contact me and I'll pass the word onto my bro! (Again, I hope he doesn't mind me advertising for him either, ha-ha!)

Here are a few photos that my sister Hillary took of my brother and cousin surfing on Kauai. I asked her if I could share these on my blog. I get a sense of peacefulness from these photos and the waves look fun to surf, right? Sigh, there's no place like home.

p.s., I just though of something, our ohana should have a blog. I got photography (me + Hillary), surfboard shaping + music + drawing (bro), nail art + sewing (Hillary), motherhood + kid categories, cooking + baking (2 sisters), party decor + balloons (mom), ukulele + cars (dad), we're like a circus :D so much to juggle. Perhaps I can be the creative director, hehe. x


Frame-Curly-MR-Blog

0 comments :

Post a Comment

So happy you paid me a visit. Mahalo!
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

Follow here

say what, a Disclaimer

Hi there! Photography and art featured on this blog, unless where noted, came from my camera and were made or styled by my hands. You may not use my photos for profit or on commercial websites, but we might be able to work something out with a dozen chocolate macarons, and a juicy deal. Do not remove my watermarks or copyright markings from my photos (please see previous sentence). I won't bite, well unless you infringe on my copyright. But really, send me an email, I'm pretty nice. The snail mail on my blog includes my mail or the work from other artists and pen friends. I do my best to give everyone credit. But, in the case where I have missed the proper credit please contact me to address it. If you would like to re-blog or pin any of my original works please be the awesome person that you are and give me a shout out a.k.a. proper credit, and link it back here. Speaking of links, I do on occasion link out to other sites, however I am not responsible for the content you find on those sites. Sometimes clicking on a link I’ve provided may be a link to a site that will give me a small commission if you buy something from them. Which means that I might get paid (hopefully not in gum) if you click on that link, whoo-hoo. Reason why I’m telling you is because I want to be honest with you and frankly, because it’s illegal not to. That said, I promise to use any affiliate commissions earned for good cause: like stationery hauls and lattes. Thank you kindly, Merissa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

MERISSA CHERIE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger