{Aloha Friday} Kauai

7.27.2012

We took our niece to the beach at Kalapaki. It was such a gorgeous day. Not many clouds in the sky and not many people either, it's how I like my beaches.



Having fun all by himself bodysurfing this wave. Really, he was shouting and laughing like a kid again. I think that's why my niece enjoys him so much. (^-^)


A week earlier we paddled a 6 man outrigger canoe in this same location. The same place where as a teenager, I used to paddle canoe. With the hui (group) we'd park our canoes on shore and run laps along the stretch of beach. After canoe races we'd surf on bodyboards..and sometimes bodysurf the shorebreak with a 'borrowed' plastic tray from the burger hut nearby. I lost a shark tooth pendant getting tumbled in the water here...for some reason I used to wear one, guess I must've lost it for a reason (^-^)!

p.s., These photos were shot with my iPhone. I'm amazed at how good the photo quality is compared to my previous smartphone. iPhones take nice photos, I'm glad I finally jumped on the bandwagon.
wALOHAmer

2 comments :

  1. gah, i´m soooo jealous! i haven´t been to the beach this summer yet and that one is so lovely. and not crowded! ^^

    keep enjoying your holidays!

    stella xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stella, thanks for your comment. Hoping you'll get to the beach soon :) Maybe you'll make it to Hawaii in the future, Kauai has the best beaches :) xo

      Delete

So happy you paid me a visit. Mahalo!
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

Follow here

say what, a Disclaimer

Hi there! Photography and art featured on this blog, unless where noted, came from my camera and were made or styled by my hands. You may not use my photos for profit or on commercial websites, but we might be able to work something out with a dozen chocolate macarons, and a juicy deal. Do not remove my watermarks or copyright markings from my photos (please see previous sentence). I won't bite, well unless you infringe on my copyright. But really, send me an email, I'm pretty nice. The snail mail on my blog includes my mail or the work from other artists and pen friends. I do my best to give everyone credit. But, in the case where I have missed the proper credit please contact me to address it. If you would like to re-blog or pin any of my original works please be the awesome person that you are and give me a shout out a.k.a. proper credit, and link it back here. Speaking of links, I do on occasion link out to other sites, however I am not responsible for the content you find on those sites. Sometimes clicking on a link I’ve provided may be a link to a site that will give me a small commission if you buy something from them. Which means that I might get paid (hopefully not in gum) if you click on that link, whoo-hoo. Reason why I’m telling you is because I want to be honest with you and frankly, because it’s illegal not to. That said, I promise to use any affiliate commissions earned for good cause: like stationery hauls and lattes. Thank you kindly, Merissa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

MERISSA CHERIE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger