An Inspiration Board

9.29.2010

Taa-daa! So finally here it is. The board that I was working on for the online Blogging Your Way e-course taught by Holly Becker of the beautiful design blog decor8.

My board was compiled to represent my blog. And my blog is my little place where I post my hobbies: illustration, photography, styling, paper goods, stationery...and bunches of other pretties. This is the stuff that I never tire of, the stuff that I collect, what I love to photograph, the stuff that puts me in a fantastic mood (^•^).
Do you think this looks like my blog?
Inspiration board for Holly Becker's BYW class 2010



The elements:

  1. Aloha. Letter pressed card by Bradley & Lily Fine Stationery. Found at Soha, Kahala Mall.
  2. Paper elements: Rose, was made by cutting computer printed petals (from MarthaStewart.com) and layering them on top of one another. Frame, printed out and handcut (from Debee Campos). Banner strip hand cut from security envelope lining via credit card bills. All held together with a paper clip.
  3. Love stamp. US Postal Service, these stamps are vintage.
  4. Labels. Paper Source.
  5. Little gift wrapped box. I love gift wrapping! Tied off with bakers twine from Divine Twine.
  6. Hibiscus postcard. Island Heritage.
  7. Frame. Made of paper bits handsewn by moi.
  8. Wiener doggie. Stamp I carved out of my illustration, hand stamped on kraft paper. Lime thread spool from my sister Hillary. Pink polka dot ribbon, recycled from a gift.
  9. Envelope. Kraft mini envelope from my stash.
  10. Blumarine. Old ad from a magazine.
  11. Paper elements: Rose (see #2). Butterfly from floral supply store. Paper clip.
  12. Teddy. Illustration in colored pencil on kraft paper, a little sketch by me. 
  13. Ticket. Hand drawn by me. Paper clipped to teddy illo.
  14. Flag. Cut from origami paper and stuck on a toothpick.
  15. M. Paper stencil sitting on Korean stationery pink polka dotted envelope and vintage sheet music.
  16. Paper doll. An illustration by me, I dressed her in a Dior coat and layered jewelry on her neck.
  17. Paper elements: Rose (see #2). Letter carrying dove by Marcel Schurman, purchased at Papyrus. Dream from Paper Source. Paper clip. Mini sketchbook. Butterflies from floral supply store.
Other supplies used: Doilies from my mom's craft stash. Manila folder. Oh and I forgot to add the scallop edge paper on the top right was from Paper Source.

I kinda went all out and stuffed everything on my folder, which by the way cannot close. Haha!





23 comments :

  1. You captured your blog beautifully!! I love all the little elements you included.
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your inspiration board!! I so wished I would have taken that e-course, maybe next time.
    I am in love with the vintage LOVE stamps, how does someone from Australia get her hands on those?
    And your little hand drawn teddy on kraft paper is so adorable, I would love to have one of those on my board, he is so sweet!! Everything on the board represents you and your blog xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your moodboard looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Didee!
    Thank you (^•^)
    You should definitely try Holly's e-course! I treated myself 3x and everytime I learn something new and meet new blogging friends (^•^)
    As for the vintage postage, try eBay. It's where these came from. LOVE is a series that the US Postal Service releases each year. You'll find different designs with the word LOVE. You can also try The Paper Nickel Stamp Company at www.thepapernickel.com, they also carry assortments and you can even work with them on particular themes or even colors.
    Thank you for noticing my little blue teddy sketch (^•^) someday he wishes to become a real bear..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hearthandmade & Claire, hiyeee! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful, Merissa, and I do think it sums up your blog perfectly.
    I love the way you've styled everything. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a beautiful mood board! Such a lovely collection of images. Thank you for sharing this with us! I am sure Holly Becker will be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Merissa, your moodboard is so lovely.I especially love your illustrations. The paper doll is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it's so beautiful and perfectly captures the vibe of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bianca, thank you for your kind words about my mood board and illustrations. Mahalo (^•^)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jacki (^•^) I'm so glad you think so, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you've inspired me to create one for myself. yes, your inspiration board reflects your blog's essence. beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would so love to see a board by you Katrina! I know you have lots of goodies to photograph (^•^) I'm so glad that this post inspired ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh! Look, there's a White Butterfly here much like the one that saved the 2 Chilean Miner's lives! It's a lovely story, Google it when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooops! Let me continue, I love the colors you put together, the bear is too cute, those pink roses, butterflies, love the polka-dots, the umbrellas and the wrapping paper, your doll is divine and the paper doily really adds a nice touch. I love everything on your board. Absolutely inspirational! Good Job Merissa.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!
    Such a yummy and inspirational mood board!
    Just wanted to say hi and thanks for your comment in my blog, it made me really happy!
    /Anna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aloha & mahalo! Thank you Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your board is stunning, so your mood must be wonderful...It is totally you, love it.

    amberx

    ReplyDelete

So happy you paid me a visit. Mahalo!
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

Follow here

say what, a Disclaimer

Hi there! Photography and art featured on this blog, unless where noted, came from my camera and were made or styled by my hands. You may not use my photos for profit or on commercial websites, but we might be able to work something out with a dozen chocolate macarons, and a juicy deal. Do not remove my watermarks or copyright markings from my photos (please see previous sentence). I won't bite, well unless you infringe on my copyright. But really, send me an email, I'm pretty nice. The snail mail on my blog includes my mail or the work from other artists and pen friends. I do my best to give everyone credit. But, in the case where I have missed the proper credit please contact me to address it. If you would like to re-blog or pin any of my original works please be the awesome person that you are and give me a shout out a.k.a. proper credit, and link it back here. Speaking of links, I do on occasion link out to other sites, however I am not responsible for the content you find on those sites. Sometimes clicking on a link I’ve provided may be a link to a site that will give me a small commission if you buy something from them. Which means that I might get paid (hopefully not in gum) if you click on that link, whoo-hoo. Reason why I’m telling you is because I want to be honest with you and frankly, because it’s illegal not to. That said, I promise to use any affiliate commissions earned for good cause: like stationery hauls and lattes. Thank you kindly, Merissa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

MERISSA CHERIE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger