:Happy Mother's Day: a few family photos

5.09.2010

I found some old family photos. This one was taken at my grandma's house in Poipu on Kauai. From left to right: my cousin Skyla, little me, my cousin Bridgette, my brother Isaiah, my dad Honesto (standing w/white shirt and glasses), my cousin Destry, my mom, and my grandma Tsuruko.

Grandma has a family of 7 children. My mom has a family with 5 children. So as you can see, they've both been very busy raising children and grandchildren too!

There are so many wonderful things that I can say about both my mom and grandma. They are both hard workers and put every effort into the family and always put the family first before themselves. I've seen it in my grandma and seen it in my mom, how they go above and beyond to cater to all of us. I am not really great at words and I wish I could just pour out the blog post with all the reasons why they both are wonderful but believe me, I might have to start a whole 'nother blog for that never ending list. Happy Mother's Day to all the awesome mom's in the world and especially to my grandma, my mom, and my sister Dannica who is now a mom too, and to my sister Brittany who will be a mom in a few weeks!

A picture of me and my mom. This one was taken in Honolulu when I was a toddler. I wish I could play the piano, for real.

9 comments :

  1. Oh! Sooo sweet! Have a nice day. LeLo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely family, and how nice of you to remember all the good things both you mom and grandmother did. Your mother is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you look just like your mom. Beautiful!! Have a great birthday...geez where has the time gone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Euphoria :)

    Thank you Ema :)

    Time flies by soo fast.

    xo, Merissa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are wonderful!!! I also made a collage for my mom today but could not find a nice background like this. May I ask if it is available online?

    Keep up the good work, your posts are super inspirational and always remind me of my vacation in Hawaii a few years ago. one of the best weeks of my life! A whole different lifestyle then here in Germany :)


    Liebe Grüße, Steffi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Steffi,
    Thanks so much! I'm glad my posts remind you of Hawaii. I'll try to post more Hawaii inspired posts in the future.
    As for my background that I used for this photo? All I did was tape the photo on a patterned file folder that I had. Then I placed the whole thing on my scanner and scanned the image, then voila! It really was easy. Give it a try! Let me know when you do, I'd love to see your work, send me a link :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear Merissa,
    Your family pictures are so lovely. Big families are a blessing. My parents have both 6 siblings each. :-)
    And you look exactly like your mom it's incredible. You are both so beautiful.
    Sending you loads of sunshine and happy anniversary to you and Keith.
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lou!
    Aww thanks so much for your generous compliment:) Big families are way fun and it's so nice to hear that you come from one too :) Thank you for the anniversary wishes also! Have a great week!
    xo, Merissa.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you paid me a visit. Mahalo!
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

Follow here

say what, a Disclaimer

Hi there! Photography and art featured on this blog, unless where noted, came from my camera and were made or styled by my hands. You may not use my photos for profit or on commercial websites, but we might be able to work something out with a dozen chocolate macarons, and a juicy deal. Do not remove my watermarks or copyright markings from my photos (please see previous sentence). I won't bite, well unless you infringe on my copyright. But really, send me an email, I'm pretty nice. The snail mail on my blog includes my mail or the work from other artists and pen friends. I do my best to give everyone credit. But, in the case where I have missed the proper credit please contact me to address it. If you would like to re-blog or pin any of my original works please be the awesome person that you are and give me a shout out a.k.a. proper credit, and link it back here. Speaking of links, I do on occasion link out to other sites, however I am not responsible for the content you find on those sites. Sometimes clicking on a link I’ve provided may be a link to a site that will give me a small commission if you buy something from them. Which means that I might get paid (hopefully not in gum) if you click on that link, whoo-hoo. Reason why I’m telling you is because I want to be honest with you and frankly, because it’s illegal not to. That said, I promise to use any affiliate commissions earned for good cause: like stationery hauls and lattes. Thank you kindly, Merissa

MERISSA CHERIE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger