: Polaroid Film! The Impossible Project :

4.15.2010

After almost giving up on my search for instant Polaroid film, I was so excited to get messaged by ImpossibleUSA on Twitter giving me the heads up that they were stocking my instant film type on their site soon. Let me tell ya, the film sold fast! I was lucky enough to get a pack, whew!

If you're on the hunt for Polaroid instant film, you'll be so happy to know that  the team known as the Impossible Project has managed to bring Polaroid instant film back to us! As most of you who are Polaroid instant camera owners know, that Polaroid closed it's doors to analog instant film production in 2008. Since then, the film has been nearly impossible to find in stores here in Hawaii and across the US. Here's where the Impossible Project came in to do the impossible. They saved the world's last Polaroid factory and its machinery from extinction and brought back the art of instant film...such heros!!! This year they finally released their project to the world and gave Polaroid enthusiasts the opportunity to purchase their new films! Yay!

Instant film is making a huge come back and from what I've seen online, everyone is using Polaroids again. It's just awesome that we can still enjoy our Polaroid cameras and instant film thanks to the Impossible Project!

Visit the Impossible Project and read about their quest, take a look at the factory that they saved: online tour, and marvel at the fresh, new look of Polaroid instant film packaging designed by Paul Giambarba.

My box arrived! Yippee!















I can't wait to shoot my film! And hopefully, I can find a SX-70 Polaroid camera in the future...or any other model to experiment with! :) Cheers to the Impossible Project! And long live instant film..hehe :)

**Update: 4/16/2010

Here's a glimpse of my sold out film on the Impossible Project website:

Find out more about the designer behind the new look, Paul Giambarba.
And visit his site for awesome Polaroid instant film information and photos: here.

8 comments :

  1. Thank you so much, Merissa. What a wonderful presentation! You have made my day!
    All the best, Paul Giambarba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woweee! Paul Giambarba!!! Thank you so much! I am so overwhelmed to have your visit! And I have your film :) Thank you over and over again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hui. i JUST wanted to ask what's so special about giambarba film? i'm not familiar with polaroid films so please, Mr. Giambarba if you read this, excuse me. is this film different from the "normal" ones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lou!
    I just updated my post with more links to information on the new project by the Impossible Project :) This edition of the 600 film was a limited edition designed by Mr. Giambarba. Mr. Giambarba is the talent behind the current rebranding of Polaroid instant film and he has history with the company being the designer to start Polaroid's corporate image identity and product image in 1958. He is also an award winning designer. Visit his blog on the links I provided on my post, he is amazing!
    As one of my friends have said, Polaroid instant film is "GOLD"! Especially to me!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Merissa you finally got your film!! Yippie. Let me go see if I can find the matching camera hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I got mine :) and I'm about to get more! They just released more 600 film a few days ago! Check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Merissa,
    Yes I visited his site right after I wrote my comment and found out a bit. But you sounded so excited and happy that I was curious what you love so much about this film. Thank you for filling me in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lou :)
    I'm having a Polaroid craze and I think I get way too excited about things related to my hobbies. Since my first pack of film from the Impossible Project, I have purchased 3 Polaroid cameras on ebay and more film to experiment with. I'm kind of obsessed, haha!
    Have a great weekend and thanks for keeping in touch!
    xo, Merissa.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you paid me a visit. Mahalo!
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

Follow here

say what, a Disclaimer

Hi there! Photography and art featured on this blog, unless where noted, came from my camera and were made or styled by my hands. You may not use my photos for profit or on commercial websites, but we might be able to work something out with a dozen chocolate macarons, and a juicy deal. Do not remove my watermarks or copyright markings from my photos (please see previous sentence). I won't bite, well unless you infringe on my copyright. But really, send me an email, I'm pretty nice. The snail mail on my blog includes my mail or the work from other artists and pen friends. I do my best to give everyone credit. But, in the case where I have missed the proper credit please contact me to address it. If you would like to re-blog or pin any of my original works please be the awesome person that you are and give me a shout out a.k.a. proper credit, and link it back here. Speaking of links, I do on occasion link out to other sites, however I am not responsible for the content you find on those sites. Sometimes clicking on a link I’ve provided may be a link to a site that will give me a small commission if you buy something from them. Which means that I might get paid (hopefully not in gum) if you click on that link, whoo-hoo. Reason why I’m telling you is because I want to be honest with you and frankly, because it’s illegal not to. That said, I promise to use any affiliate commissions earned for good cause: like stationery hauls and lattes. Thank you kindly, Merissa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

MERISSA CHERIE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger