: Click-ity, click! Holiday photos at the beach :

12.24.2009



1. : Mele Kalikimaka :, 2. : Mele Kalikimaka :, 3. : Mele Kalikimaka :, 4. : Mele Kalikimaka :

A co-worker asked me if I could take her Christmas photos and I jumped at
the chance. We decided to head out to the beach at Ala Moana and we got there right before sunset, around 5:30-6pm.

I had my Canon Rebel XSi, my favorite EF 50mm f/1.4, and my 430 EXII speedlight...which just so happened to not work because it's batteries were dead. Man! I need to get re-chargeables! Anyways, I had to make do with what I had and not what I wish I had...and I'm speaking of my dream camera: 5D Mark II and awesome lens 24-70mm f/2.8L! Yes, I could've rented it, but renting would set me back about $200...that I could be saving up towards it's purchase, so, I did what I could with what I had.

Right away, she and her son were naturals in front of the camera. She brought props: surfboard and Santa hats, and both moved and posed easily in front of the camera. Her son was fun to work with and had so much energy that at times she had to ask him to stop..haha! His reply was: "Mommy, I can't stop, I don't know how!"...hehe, it was hilarious! I had about 400 shots, but me being the amateur, most of them ended up in a blur. But I'm working on it! By next Christmas I need to have this down!


Hope you and your family have wonderful Christmas photos this year! Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad! Mele Kalikimaka! ♥

2 comments :

  1. These photos are amazing! Such unique and adorable Christmas photos- I love them. Never mind next Christmas- you seem to have this down already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin, aww thank you so much! I appreciate your comment tremendously! Makes me want to go out and snap more photos!
    ♥Merissa.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you paid me a visit. Mahalo!
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

Follow here

say what, a Disclaimer

Hi there! Photography and art featured on this blog, unless where noted, came from my camera and were made or styled by my hands. You may not use my photos for profit or on commercial websites, but we might be able to work something out with a dozen chocolate macarons, and a juicy deal. Do not remove my watermarks or copyright markings from my photos (please see previous sentence). I won't bite, well unless you infringe on my copyright. But really, send me an email, I'm pretty nice. The snail mail on my blog includes my mail or the work from other artists and pen friends. I do my best to give everyone credit. But, in the case where I have missed the proper credit please contact me to address it. If you would like to re-blog or pin any of my original works please be the awesome person that you are and give me a shout out a.k.a. proper credit, and link it back here. Speaking of links, I do on occasion link out to other sites, however I am not responsible for the content you find on those sites. Sometimes clicking on a link I’ve provided may be a link to a site that will give me a small commission if you buy something from them. Which means that I might get paid (hopefully not in gum) if you click on that link, whoo-hoo. Reason why I’m telling you is because I want to be honest with you and frankly, because it’s illegal not to. That said, I promise to use any affiliate commissions earned for good cause: like stationery hauls and lattes. Thank you kindly, Merissa

MERISSA CHERIE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger