As a kiddo, I wasn't really excited for Halloween, as it was such a scary event, and I'm not into scary...I'm pretty much a bore...rollercoasters are scary to me! Somewhere home on Kauai there's a photo of me as a kiddie angel in costume on one of the rare occasions of dressing up for Halloween. Besides, we would be at a church event every Halloween and those were fun. We bobbed for apples, with our hands behind our backs we raced at eating cookies covered with mounds of whipped cream (that went straight up our noses..oh how I remember that smell so clearly), gobbled powdered donuts hanging on strings with only our mouths no hands, we sang songs with the ukulele, and painted our faces. Yeah, I never really reminisced over Halloween but after writing this blog, I kinda think I did enjoy my Halloweens...because they were spent with my family and friends on Kauai!



Another thing is that we don't see the season's change here in the islands. The only way I can tell the seasons are changing are by the yummy seasonal drinks and pastries at Starbucks and the seasonal merchandise on display at the stores. For October it's faux autumn leaves, skeletons, brooms, cotton webs, green warty witches and scary costumes, and some funny ones too...Keith want's to buy a Obama mask and use it while scratching vinyl on the turntables..anyways? and what else comes to mind are PUMPKINS! Pumpkins are a hassle to carve and they are muy stinky, but their seeds are great toasted..haha. I hear there's a local pumpkin patch somewhere on Oahu and they let you wander their field and choose your own pumpkin for a fee. Oh, it would be super duper to do that one day...with my Canon EOS 5D aaah one day soon! Here are some of my pumpkins that I drew really quick. I have a nerdy pumpkin and a pumkin baby-poo!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

So happy you paid me a visit. Mahalo!
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

Follow here

say what, a Disclaimer

Hi there! Photography and art featured on this blog, unless where noted, came from my camera and were made or styled by my hands. You may not use my photos for profit or on commercial websites, but we might be able to work something out with a dozen chocolate macarons, and a juicy deal. Do not remove my watermarks or copyright markings from my photos (please see previous sentence). I won't bite, well unless you infringe on my copyright. But really, send me an email, I'm pretty nice. The snail mail on my blog includes my mail or the work from other artists and pen friends. I do my best to give everyone credit. But, in the case where I have missed the proper credit please contact me to address it. If you would like to re-blog or pin any of my original works please be the awesome person that you are and give me a shout out a.k.a. proper credit, and link it back here. Speaking of links, I do on occasion link out to other sites, however I am not responsible for the content you find on those sites. Sometimes clicking on a link I’ve provided may be a link to a site that will give me a small commission if you buy something from them. Which means that I might get paid (hopefully not in gum) if you click on that link, whoo-hoo. Reason why I’m telling you is because I want to be honest with you and frankly, because it’s illegal not to. That said, I promise to use any affiliate commissions earned for good cause: like stationery hauls and lattes. Thank you kindly, Merissa

MERISSA CHERIE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger