Hanamaulu, Kauai

5.15.2008




How I squat for chicken fight..jokin. or as Danni calls it "derby".

Found this #5 (numero cinco) on the side of the road. It fit perfectly with my chalk piece...May! Cinco de Lumpia!



So we went to Walmart like everyday of our trip to Kauai...seriously. There's only 1 Walmart there and the whole island shops there...and I never fail to see a familiar face. I had my class reunion and family reunion all under that roof! Anyways...so Keith bought me some crayola chalk and I did some scribbles around my parent's house in Hanamaulu, a small town which started off as a subdivision for sugar plantation workers and their families in the 1800's. We had cane fields surrounding our town while growing up, unfortunately since the mill is no longer, the sugar cane is no longer there. Ahh, they would've made awesome photos! It's quite sad but at least they'll remain in my mind. Sugar cane grows real tall and I remember playing in the fields when we were small, even though it was private property..haha. I remember eating sugar cane raw...not very appetizing, and I remember the prickly hairs on the leaves..ouch!...or was that buffalo grass?..anyways..our town of Hanamaulu is largely populated by Filipinos from generations going way back to the plantation days. Hanamaulu has green homes, blue, pink, whatever color you can imagine, it's a fiesta, unfortunately ours is a boring beige with a good tinge of red dirt which is all over Kauai.



As far as I can remember, I've always lived around cars, boats, motorcycles, atv's, racing cars like dragsters...dad is a mechanic, and he's always bringing home stuff and leaving them in the yard. I was going to tag a old sports car that was in the back, but I decided not to, I know my dad would figure it was me, and who knows, he might need that car door for something?..so i found this pile of bricks in the back, some wall space near where my brother already spray painted (I'm telling mom!), and an old rusty mailbox, oh...and our road, all for chalking! I had nothing else better to do.




0 comments :

Post a Comment

So happy you paid me a visit. Mahalo!
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

Follow here

say what, a Disclaimer

Hi there! Photography and art featured on this blog, unless where noted, came from my camera and were made or styled by my hands. You may not use my photos for profit or on commercial websites, but we might be able to work something out with a dozen chocolate macarons, and a juicy deal. Do not remove my watermarks or copyright markings from my photos (please see previous sentence). I won't bite, well unless you infringe on my copyright. But really, send me an email, I'm pretty nice. The snail mail on my blog includes my mail or the work from other artists and pen friends. I do my best to give everyone credit. But, in the case where I have missed the proper credit please contact me to address it. If you would like to re-blog or pin any of my original works please be the awesome person that you are and give me a shout out a.k.a. proper credit, and link it back here. Speaking of links, I do on occasion link out to other sites, however I am not responsible for the content you find on those sites. Sometimes clicking on a link I’ve provided may be a link to a site that will give me a small commission if you buy something from them. Which means that I might get paid (hopefully not in gum) if you click on that link, whoo-hoo. Reason why I’m telling you is because I want to be honest with you and frankly, because it’s illegal not to. That said, I promise to use any affiliate commissions earned for good cause: like stationery hauls and lattes. Thank you kindly, Merissa

MERISSA CHERIE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger